|Job Type:||Part-time temporary/non-exempt (hourly)|
This position is responsible for assisting with house cleaning along with the indoor and outdoor maintenance of private residences in Holland, MI, including laundering and pressing of personal wardrobes. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts. Part-time (25-40+ hours/week), seasonal (May until early September), hourly/non-exempt position which reports to Estate Manager and full-time Housekeeper.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily cleaning of private residences as well as outdoor pools and pool house: e.g. clean, vacuum, and dust floors, furnishings, hallways, fixtures, lavatories, mirrors, windows at a reachable level; change bedding, wash sheets and towels, empty trash, etc.
- Perform deep cleaning: e.g. organize/clean drawers, cabinets, light fixtures, and kitchen appliances; etc.
- Perform detailed cleaning: e.g. polish/clean brass, crystal, and silver pieces; polish woodwork, etc.
- Clean guest house prior to, and at conclusion of, guests’ stay and on an as-needed basis when occupied.
- Launder and iron household linens/personal articles of clothing.
- Assist in tending to and cleaning up after the family dogs as directed by Estate Manager.
- Consult and work closely with the full-time Housekeeper to coordinate operational requirements to ensure readiness of residences for occupancy as scheduled.
- Assist with seasonal preparation of residences; requires flexibility in hours worked and duties performed.
- Monitor inventory levels and advise Estate Manager of need to replenish household cleaning supplies and personal care products.
- Must be proactive in ensuring Estate and Property Manager are aware of important issues which impact efficient operations of the homes. Report household maintenance/repair problems to Estate Manager and/or Property Manager.
- In addition to routine housekeeping responsibilities, specific projects related to general residential upkeep will be required periodically, including but not limited to: cleaning/organizing drawers, unpacking and putting in proper places items sent to homes, meeting with and/or receiving items from interior decorator or other interior vendors, and other projects as needed.
- When family is in residence, may provide assistance to Private Household Chef.
- Serve food; prepare light hors de oeuvres, lunch, or drinks as required.
- Prepare all rooms for guests in advance of arrival: e.g. flowers, appropriate toiletries and amenities.
- Exercise open communications with other household staff.
- Use computer for household staff email communication.
- Previous housekeeping experience required.
- Ability to work at a physically demanding pace.
- Ability to work in various temperature ranges and in specific areas of humidity.
- Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time; climb steps and stairs; stoop, bend, and kneel.
- Ability to stand on small step stool in order to accomplish cleaning tasks.
- Ability to push/pull vacuum cleaner and operate household maintenance equipment for lengthy periods of time.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Cleaning of the home must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine which rooms to clean at what time in order to be least intrusive to presence of family, i.e. if bedrooms are occupied by family members.
- Equipment will be provided by employer, i.e. brooms, dusters, extendible dusters, vacuums, cloths, gloves, carts, kneepads, step stools, ladders, etc. Cleaning solutions and methods of operation will be overseen by Estate Manager. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be cleaned, Estate Manager will provide guidance.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.