|Title:||Community Initiatives Administrative Assistant (part-time)|
|Job Type:||Part-time/non-exempt (hourly)|
If you have a passion for administrative and office support, organization, and the community, then our Administrative Assistant is an exciting position to consider! This is a long-term, part-time position (8-10 hours/week) supporting a summer learning program. Positive, hard-working, and service-oriented environment.
Culture of Care
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others - our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Our goal is to simplify the life of the family we serve and facilitate each household working effectively together to make a positive impact in all of their communities, near and far. We are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious, trustworthy, and the best at what we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up conference calls and meetings; coordinate meeting arrangements as requested.
- Use presentation software to create and prepare diagrams and presentations for program meetings as requested.
- Help prepare expense reports.
- Draft letters, meeting agendas and memos from rough notes or general instruction; compose original correspondence as appropriate.
- Type correspondence, reports, and internal memos; file and send faxes.
- Attend meetings to record minutes and notes as requested.
- Organize travel arrangements, out of town meetings, and create trip itineraries.
- Thoroughly screen and manage incoming telephone calls for the Community Initiatives staff, taking initiative to handle inquiries from inception to completion without direct supervision; provide information when appropriate or direct inquiries to the proper channel.
- Prepare and send e-mail communication to grantees as requested.
- Plan the logistics for all trainings, meetings and events related to trainings.
- Gather financial and all report information from grantees; file electronically and maintain paper files as needed.
- Supervise and direct the work of the SLA summer intern (college student).
- Track program budgets and assist grantees with budget preparation and report completion.
- Coordinate registration process in conjunction with the Program Officer.
- Assist with other program-related tasks as requested.
- Provide back-up administrative services for Foundations in the absence of adequate coverage for the help desk.
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of four years administrative/secretarial experience in a professional environment required.
- Previous experience in not-for-profit setting and/or community affairs desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet with a focus on demonstrated creativity and experience in presentation preparation.
- Basic knowledge of budgets and bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, English grammar, spelling, punctuation and composition skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, and work independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong ability to anticipate the needs of senior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of management in a highly professional manner; the highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.
- Ability to be flexible in working additional hours if requested, in addition to the normal work week schedule.