|Job Type:||Full-time/exempt (salaried)|
Responsible for daily dining operations and special event/dinner parties in a private household, including practice of high-quality standards in regard to menu planning, food preparation, presentation, service, sanitation, and safety.Culture of Care
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and serves daily meals for family (primarily dinner); prepares and stocks meals for family’s consumption on non-working days as needed.
- Coordinates food for multiple residences in preparation for family’s visits.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes meal preparation and service for small or large dinner parties and special events ranging from casual to formal service.
- Prepares freshly baked items (i.e. muffins, coffee cake, holiday cookies, birthday cake, special treats, etc.); serves personal guests and participants of business meetings conducted within the home.
- Provides nutritious, eye-appealing, and properly flavored food; exercises a wide variety of culinary techniques and ensures preparation of an extensive variety of meals; demonstrates flexibility in accommodating individual tastes and requirements.
- Prepares food with dietary needs/preferences in mind (i.e. gluten free, low sugar, low dairy, etc.)
- Oversight of the vegetable and herb garden on the property
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of and experience with household table etiquette and service; demonstrates creativity in food preparation and table service, whether dining is casual or formal. Pays careful attention to artful presentation.
- May occasionally be required to prepare meals for other members of the family
- Ensures freshness of food stock through proper storage, labeling, and inspection.
- Identifies and selects high quality, fresh cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, vegetables, fruits, etc.; shops for, and daily inventories, food supplies.
- Forecasts food items required; controls food cost by establishing purchasing specifications, product storage requirements, and waste control procedures; ensures supplies are utilized properly and cost effectively.
- Ensures kitchen areas, kitchen equipment, and dining areas are safe and sanitary at all times.
- Maintains and launders linens associated with daily food preparation; maintains readiness of all items necessary for serving meals.
- Orders, receives, and stores all food and kitchen related equipment, cleaning, and paper supplies to ensure appropriate stock levels and minimum loss from waste.
- Orders, receives, and stocks guest areas with beverages, snacks, breakfast items, and a fresh fruit bowl as needed.
- Orders, receives, and stocks boat with beverages and snacks as needed for family trips.
- Follows careful operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery; establishes equipment maintenance schedules in conjunction with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Conducts end-of-day procedures, including walk-through of residence to ensure items are picked up and/or stored appropriately.
- Works closely with the principles and household team to coordinate special event/dinner party details.
- Practices effective communications with the principles and other staff through use of electronic mail.
- May perform special projects as requested by the principles in order to contribute to the efficiency of daily household operations.
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program.
- Variety of culinary and catering experience.
- Personal chef experience in a private household setting is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of household table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, employee must be genuinely committed to being part of the team of household staff whose shared goal is to offer exemplary personal service and to positively contribute to a Christian home environment.
- Willingness to be flexible in days and hours worked, as well as occasional last-minute scheduling is essential.
- Employee will be required to travel at various times to Northern Michigan, Florida and California in order to provide services at various residences of client; other travel locations may also be required.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, pride, enthusiasm, and graciousness in service; must be self-motivated; display good listening skills; be a responsible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance. Attention to detail and organization and follow through in daily routine essential.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; therefore, the highest level of confidentiality in the family’s business and personal matters must be exercised at all times.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: