|Title:||Senior Systems Administrator - Family Services|
The Senior Systems Administrator - Family Services is part of a team that is responsible for the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the technology systems of the DeVos family and RDV Corporation.
The position is primarily responsible for supporting computers and related technologies utilized by internal clients. This includes responsibility for ensuring that technology needs are met in family homes, offices, marine vessels, and other locations. The ability for this position to communicate effectively and to build trust with internal clients, staff and executives is critical.
Culture and Work Environment
The Technology Services team at RDV Corporation has a culture of collaboration, innovation, and providing outstanding service to our internal clients. This is a fast paced and relational work environment and lifestyle with a quality oriented team that likes to be proactively helpful and creative problem solvers.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert-level desktop support for Windows and Mac computers, including purchasing, deploying, troubleshooting, and software installation.
- Research, test, propose and demo (as appropriate) computers and related technologies.
- Deploy and support mobile technology such as smartphones and tablets.
- Support internet\data access, including cable\DSL and satellite connections, working with the appropriate vendors.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate purchasing, support, installation and repair of technology-related products and services.
- Work with A/V Technology Administrator to support videoconferencing and presentation systems.
- Attend project meetings when necessary to discuss planning for network infrastructure, cabling, and computer workstations.
- Administration and maintenance of peripherals such as printers and scanners.
- Provide technical assistance and training for general computer use.
- Provide custom training and training documentation as needed or requested.
- Add, change, and delete software, such as operating systems, e-mail, and Office suites
- Install and maintain anti-virus, anti-malware, and system software.
- Support home technologies, such as gaming consoles, peripherals, drones, digital/video cameras, Apple TVs, photo editing, etc.
- Develop and maintain procedures and documentation.
- Work with family members, staff members and corporation executives in a pleasant, professional and confidential manner.
- Understand and communicate complex technical ideas and structures to people with widely varying skills and interests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Participate in strategic planning for the technology needs of internal clients.
- Appropriately address and respond to inquiries and problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Work with Network Engineers to help support network infrastructure at various locations.
- On call for needs that arise, including nights and weekends.
- Remain current with technology trends and industry developments; share knowledge with family and staff when appropriate.
- Participate in other project and support activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in information technology or equivalent experience/training.
Five (5) years or more experience in computer/technology support
Experience with remote desktop technologies
Apple product support, including laptops, desktops, iPhones/iPads, and other Apple/Mac hardware and software
Experience with desktop videoconferencing software such as Skype, Facetime, etc.
Experience with file sync/share software/services such as Dropbox
Experience supporting cellular technology/cellular networks, including voice, data and mobile wireless (“aircard”) devices
Knowledge of mobile and wireless computing
Experience with mobile device management software/service helpful
Knowledge of network and Internet (TCP/IP) communications
Windows 10 and Mac OS X administration and support
Microsoft Office 365 for Windows and Mac with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
Basic knowledge of home and building construction
Basic knowledge of home automation and audio/video technologies
Facilitation skills, negotiation skills and the ability to document thoroughly
Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills
Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities
Uncompromising commitment to the highest level of customer service and confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities