|Title:||OAPC Executive Assistant|
|Job Type:||Full-time/non-exempt (salaried)|
|Company:||Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC)|
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. OAPC manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, offering clients a single access point to top-tier middle-market Private Equity Sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies.
The Executive Assistant to the Senior Managing Director will provide direct administrative and executive support to the Senior Managing Director and his/her family household. Serves as informal lead of the OAPC administrative team, fostering team communication, cross-training for back-ups, and partnering with RDV Corporation executive assistants on calendaring, travel, and projects.
Culture and Work Environment
The Investment Accounting and Reporting team at OAPC has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate professionalism and courtesy in representing the Senior Managing Director through interaction with top level executives, OAPC investors, fund managers, internal clients, consultants, and fellow employees.
- Schedule appointments and maintain computerized calendar system; maintain and update electronic contacts; keep all incoming emails organized and filed in proper email folders, ensuring Senior Managing Director follows up as necessary; set up conference calls and coordinate meeting arrangements; greet visitors; keep daily schedule on track; rearrange calendar and prioritize requests.
- Organize all aspects of travel arrangements, including out of town meetings and private aircraft travel; handle all logistics for the trip and create trip itineraries. Coordinate travel with other executives and their assistants. Complete expense reports.
- Thoroughly screen and manage incoming OAPC telephone calls, electronic and paper mail, taking initiative to handle inquiries from inception to completion without direct supervision; provide information, follow through and author correspondence independently as appropriate, and/or direct inquiries to proper team members. Forward relevant correspondence and calls to the appropriate relationship manager within the group. Monitor voicemail messages over the weekends.
- Receive, open, read, and summarize all incoming mail; follow through as appropriate.
- Perform a variety of administrative functions: prepare correspondence, reports, and memos; maintain existing and create new files; send faxes, letters, and emails on behalf of the Senior Managing Director.
- Coordinate community involvement activities, e.g. volunteer board representation, community service activities, and special events. Review and respond to emails, calendar events, coordinate travel and meetings, organize responsibilities.
- Manage all peripheral duties in connection with OAPC’s annual meeting, included but not limited to participants’ travel information, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and catering. Disseminate information to all meeting participants.
- Work with other OAPC administrative staff to assist in coordination of special projects.
- In support of and in conjunction with RDV executive administration team: participate in RDV Corporation Board Meeting support team rotation, provide general clerical assistance to Board Room meeting participants, coordinate special events and projects.
- Perform other miscellaneous projects and duties as requested.
Personal and Household Assistance
- Coordinate all aspects of personal requests for the Senior Managing Director and immediate family members. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Household recordkeeping: banking transactions, personal investments, cell phone device and plan management, credit card payments, vehicle insurances and property taxes, maintain health insurance records and track flex spending account for reimbursement, run errands, compile and coordinate preparation of personal tax information.
- Trust and estate: maintain trust and estate documentation, arrange deposits, submit and monitor requests for donations through the Trust.
- Household maintenance: arrange maintenance on all vehicles; research and order replacement parts for various household items; research, arrange contracts with service providers, and ensure proper maintenance of personal properties and assets. Maintain files on all properties and assets.
- Travel and events: personal travel arrangements; plan family activities, restaurant reservations.
- Complete research requests from family members on various matters.
- Handle all personal requests from family members daily, including nights and weekends.
- Perform other miscellaneous projects and duties as requested.
College degree or completion of a professional executive assistant training program.
Minimum of 10 years work experience in a professional corporate environment required. With at least 5 years as an Executive Assistant supporting C suite level executives.
Interest in or knowledge of financial markets and/or legal field desirable. Some background in or exposure to accounting, banking, legal and/or finance helpful.
Experience running personal household required: recordkeeping, insurances, payments, property taxes, trusts, arranging property maintenance activities, etc.
Experience arranging sophisticated travel (domestic and International) and corporate events.
Excellent verbal and written communications. Accurate grammar, spelling, typing, data entry and calculations. Clear, confident and friendly voice tone over phone and in person.
Presentation of personal demeanor which is professional, credible, mature, courteous, and gracious. Polished yet personal approach and style.
Excellent organization skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed. Work with little to no supervision or direction.
Works quickly and efficiently with calm demeanor. Exudes confidence in ability to handle all situations and requests. Uses discretion and sound judgment on when to handle directly and what items require executive input. Consideration and poise to interrupt meetings and working sessions to prioritize executive demands.
Leads with a servant heart. Demonstrates willingness and positive attitude consistent with top level customer service.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet research.
Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, clients, vendors and coworkers in a highly professional manner; the highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: