|Title:||Cleaning Assistant - Exterior (seasonal)|
This position is responsible for exterior cleaning and grounds maintenance of private residences in Holland on a seasonal basis; may assist at Ada residence if needed. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts. Part-time (20 – 40 hours/week), seasonal (May - early September), hourly/non-exempt position which reports to the Property Manager.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean all patios, patio/door screens, patio furniture, seawall, driveways, balconies, etc. on a daily basis.
- Maintain cleanliness of beaches and waterway.
- Ensure all handrails, gates, and walkways are clean and free of debris.
- May assist with pool maintenance.
- May assist with general yard work: trimming, edging, clean-up, etc.
- May assist with weeding and dead heading annual flower beds.
- May assist with watering exterior potted plants.
- May assist in planting and maintaining vegetable/herb garden.
- Exercise extreme caution to ensure safety of children when in proximity to lawn equipment/tools.
- Report maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Exercise open communications with other household staff.
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet; occasional lifting to eighty (60) pounds.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate small landscape maintenance machinery, e.g. backpack blower, hedge clippers, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Responsibilities are conducted in and around the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Maintenance of grounds must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine times which would be least intrusive to presence of family.
- Equipment will be provided by employer; methods of operation will be overseen by the supervisor. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be utilized, the supervisor will provide guidance.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.