|Title:||Senior Investment Analyst|
|Job Type:||Full-time/exempt (salaried)|
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital, LLC, a registered investment advisor, is a subsidiary of RDV Corporation, the family office of the Richard DeVos family. OAPC manages a diverse portfolio of investments led by top-tier private equity, private and structured credit, and secondary fund sponsors.
As a Senior Investment Analyst, you will assist the Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC) Investment Operations team, with an emphasis on due diligence, investment monitoring, investment systems, valuations, and related reporting. The position is targeted at candidates who are interested in spending two years working in private equity operations before returning to school to obtain their MBA.
This position will develop a thorough understanding of individual investments within the portfolio, including but not limited to: attributes of the deals, covenants, valuations - both at the time of the deal and ongoing adjustments; timing of capital calls and distributions; and investment waterfall analysis. Senior Investment Analysts participate in the training and mentoring of Investment Interns, as well as support the OAPC reporting and accounting teams as needed. This full-time salaried position reports to the Managing Director – Global Private Equity.
Culture and Work Environment
The Investment Operations team at OAPC has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our internal clients. This is a fast paced and driven work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Due Diligence Support:
- Collect investment materials on prospective investments, including investment flipbooks, financial models, and manager presentations
- Analyze key financial metrics and review financial models provided by management
- Produce investment write ups under supervision of the Associate Directors
- Collect documents necessary for the post-closing process and ensure they are properly filed in the Document Management (DM) system and Runway (proprietary operations system) Portal
- Update and maintain monthly key financial metrics of portfolio companies
- Build and maintain valuation waterfalls with guidance from Associate Directors
- Identify relevant public comps and M&A comps for each investment
- Perform cash flow analysis and build DCF models
- Develop new valuation methodologies for GP investments
- Collect monthly and financial statement information and ensure proper filing in DM
- Produce exit reports for investment liquidations under the supervision of Associate Directors
- Participate in board calls as requested by Portfolio Managers and Associate Directors
- Maintain the investment pipeline report in Runway
- Prepare weekly investment meeting materials
- Provide accounting and reporting team with data as requested
- Assist in the preparation of materials for Investment Committee meetings, including quarterly investment exit summaries, write ups, and ad hoc reports as requested
- Assist in on-boarding new Senior Investment Analyst and Investment Intern hires
- Assist with additional projects and duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related discipline
2-3 years experience in investment advisory, financial services or accounting
Expertise in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Experience with financial/LBO modeling and investment valuation techniques
Experience with calculating return metrics such as IRRs and return multiples
Ability to manage and analyze large data sets
Highly effective communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to convey information to others clearly and concisely
Proven ability to learn technical information quickly
Detail-oriented, analytical thinker
Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and follow-through
Collaborative, team focus
Superior judgment and comfort level working with confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information, as well as an uncompromising commitment to the highest level of integrity and confidentiality