|Job Type:||Full-time/exempt (salaried)|
|Company:||Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC)|
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital, LLC (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. OAPC manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, offering clients a single access point to top-tier middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies.
The Investment Analyst will assist the Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC) Investment Operations team, with an emphasis on due diligence, investment monitoring, investment systems, valuations, and related reporting. The Investment Analyst will develop a thorough understanding of individual investments within the portfolio, including but not limited to: attributes of the deals, covenants, valuations - both at the time of the deal and ongoing adjustments; timing of capital calls and distributions; and investment waterfall analysis. In addition, this position will also provide support to the OAPC reporting and accounting teams.
The OAPC team has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.
Due Diligence Support:
- Support the analysis of key financial metrics and production of financial models
- Provide data for investment write ups under supervision of the Associates
- Collect documents necessary for the post-closing process and ensure they are properly filed in the Document Management (DM) system and Runway (proprietary operations system) Portal.
- Update and maintain monthly key financial metrics of portfolio companies
- Build and maintain valuation waterfalls with guidance from Associates
- Identify relevant public comps and M&A comps for each investment
- Perform cash flow analysis and build DCF model
- Collect monthly and financial statement information and ensure proper filing in DM
- Produce exit reports for investment liquidations under the supervision of Associates
- Maintain the investment pipeline report in Runway
- Prepare weekly investment meeting materials
- Provide accounting and reporting team with data as requested
- Assist in the preparation of materials for Investment Committee meetings, including quarterly investment exit summaries, write ups, and ad hoc reports as requested
- Assist with additional projects and duties as assigned
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, financial analysis or valuation analysis
- Expertise in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial modeling and investment valuation techniques preferred
- Experience with calculating return metrics such as IRRs and return multiples
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to convey information to others clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to learn technical information quickly
- Detail-oriented, analytical thinker
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and follow-through
- Collaborative, team focus
- Superior judgment and comfort level working with confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information, as well as an uncompromised commitment to the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: