We are looking for two part-time team members to share the responsibility of serving as the primary contact with RDV Corporation guests and callers and occupying the front desk in the lobby (one team member will work 8:00am to 12:45pm, Monday - Friday; the other team member will work 12:30pm - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday). This includes monitoring and operating the phone system, offering hospitality, and performing clerical support.Duties and Responsibilities:
In coordination with the other part-time Receptionist, this position will execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor telephone display terminal for all incoming calls; transfer calls into voice mail; take detailed messages; cheerfully and tactfully handle inquiries and/or direct inquiries to appropriate staff; promptly notify staff of pending messages.
- Greet and welcome all guests; practice professional and courteous hospitality; announce arrival to appropriate staff person; distribute and record parking passes; serve beverages.
- Disburse daily newspapers and follow-up with contact if any are missing.
- Provide coverage for the other part-time Receptionist during scheduled breaks, vacations, and other absences.
- Ensure office opening procedures are completed including operational readiness of postage meter, copy machine, and common use printers; replace toner, cartridges, paper, etc. and order supplies as needed.
- Review and deliver incoming faxes.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming corporate and accounting mail; prepare outgoing mail including certified and express packages; deliver outgoing mail and express packages to post office and express drop off points at end of day.
- Stock kitchen refrigerator several times daily; provide fresh supply of coffee throughout the workday; unload dishwasher and place china/glassware/utensils in cabinets; maintain orderliness of kitchen.
- Schedule use of conference rooms; set up/tear down meeting requirements, including coordination of refreshments, special meal requests, and equipment.
- Coordinate Federal Express/UPS/Courier shipments and pickups.
- Maintain inventory for commonly used office supplies; receive supplies requests from staff; place orders, receive and distribute office supplies, and review respective invoices; stock and organize supply cabinets.
- Monitor and order food and beverage supplies and other products.
- Maintain petty cash and process corresponding expense reports.
- Complete logging of details in parking validation report and ensure the report is accurate at month-end.
- Create and process expense reports for Executive Assistant to the COO.
- Type and proofread documents.
- Assist Tax Department in mailing of income tax filings.
- Create and maintain files and indexes.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Some experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant in a highly professional, fast-paced corporate office.
- Previous experience with various clerical duties; strong customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Microsoft Office software, including familiarity of Internet searching.
- Working knowledge of office machines and equipment (copier, printer, postage meter, etc.).
- Good understanding of general office practices and procedures; proficiency in proper use of English grammar in spoken and written word.
- Personal demeanor which is professional, mature, courteous, cheerful, outgoing, and gracious.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds; stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.
- Ability to be flexible in working additional hours if requested, in addition to normal work week schedule.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: