|Title:||OAPC Senior Associate - Investment Compliance and Reporting|
|Job Type:||Full-time/exempt (salaried)|
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital, LLC (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. OAPC manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, offering clients a single access point to top-tier middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies.
The Senior Associate - Investment Compliance and Reporting will operate in a cross-functional team environment interacting with OAPC’s Accounting and Investment Groups and third-party service providers to assist with the preparation of financial and performance reports for executives, management, and OAPC clients. The scope of reporting includes but is not limited to quarterly portfolio reports, semi-annual valuation reports, marketing materials (flipbooks and teasers, Investment group presentations, private placement memorandum), track record and performance reporting as well as internal and external requests for ad-hoc analyses and reporting initiatives. This full-time salaried position reports to the Director of Investment Compliance and Reporting. The position is targeted at candidates with 3-4 years work experience in corporate finance or strategy, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, or public accounting.
Culture and Work Environment
The Investment Accounting and Reporting team at OAPC has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work directly for the Director of Investment Compliance and Reporting to support all reporting initiatives throughout the organization assisting in the preparation and review of quarterly performance reporting materials, compliance, and marketing materials.
Develop expertise and understanding of the OAPC private equity portfolio, investment strategy, valuation methodology, allocation methodology, and the company’s portfolio management and integrated reporting systems to ensure the integrity of reporting data and investment performance metrics in a multi-layered ownership environment.
- Assist with the thematic development and production of all teasers and flipbooks associated with the various investment offerings during the fundraising and marketing cycle.
- Prepare and maintain a library of marketing materials and research reports as well as maintain and manage the investment performance track record.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual reports for multiple private equity investment funds, special purpose vehicles, and investors.
- Support the Managing Director of Finance and Investor Relations in responding to all OAPC investor inquiries and questions relating to investment performance and support. Engage in collaborative problem solving and creative thinking on reporting scenarios.
- Interact with the third-party administrator and OAPC accounting personnel responding to investor inquiries on transactions within private investments and portfolio company performance reporting.
Together with the Investment Group analysts and valuation team, coordinate the accumulation and review of investment company performance data for reporting to the OAPC Valuation Committee and limited partners of OAPC.
Possess the ability to calculate and interpret various private equity performance metrics including IRR, various multiples of invested capital calculations (TVPI, RVPI, DPI), benchmarking analysis including Public Market Equivalents and Comparative Index Methodology. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to understand and interpret financial performance data such as revenue, net debt, EBITDA, etc. to prepare investment performance summaries.
- Assist the Investment Group analysts and Associate Directors with monitoring investment performance and creating narratives that convey ongoing strategy and investment performance.
Collaborate with internal Technology Services and External Consultants, Investment Accounting, Investment Group, and Legal and Compliance to develop and implement new technology and reporting tools.
Identify and implement process efficiencies. Develop and document controls to support a robust internal controls framework.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management
Minimum 3 years of public accounting, corporate finance or strategy, or M&A experience required
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality are critical to be successful
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and creative solutions; exhibits flexible thinking on the best way to approach scenarios
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to proactively communicate challenges and progress
- Experience developing effective, efficient, and relevant methods of communicating data and concepts to an audience
- Experience building relationships and communicating with various levels of personnel within a cross functional team environment
- Must have demonstrated experience with Excel and Power Point; comfortable with new technology and reporting tools
Self-starter with the ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on multiple projects and initiatives with minimal oversight while reporting on progress
Ability to work both independently and on team projects managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor, welcoming feedback and direction
- Experience in private equity or alternative asset management and vehicle structuring a plus
- Commitment to confidentiality in all aspects of the position and responsibilities