|Title:||Mechanical and Grounds Maintenance Professional|
We are seeking a full-time mechanical and grounds maintenance professional for the Ada, MI area! This position is responsible for servicing and repairing equipment from small hand tools and power tools to motorized vehicles and property maintenance equipment, as well as hands on grounds and facility maintenance of homes, businesses, and other facilities for private household. Works as a team with other household staff and reports directly to the Property Manager.
Culture of Care
As an employee of RDV Staffing, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others - our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Our goal is to simplify the life of the family we serve and facilitate each household working effectively together to make a positive impact in all of their communities, near and far. We are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious, trustworthy, and the best at what we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate routine maintenance and repair on all grounds and maintenance equipment, including but not limited to: mowers, all-terrain vehicles, small engines, gas powered hand tools, tractor, bobcat, snow plows, trailers, golf carts, snowmobiles, and occasional water/ hydraulic pumps.
Ensure all equipment is kept in pristine condition by replacing/painting any cosmetic blemishes and ensuring all safety systems are fully operational.
Maintain up-to-date records of maintenance performed on all equipment.
Maintain an inventory of high usage parts to ensure minimal downtime in the event of equipment failure.
Ensure equipment is ready for seasonal storage by cleaning and greasing, along with draining and stabilizing fuel. Confirm batteries are hooked to tenders where applicable.
Maintain and ensure readiness of natural gas and propane patio heaters, grills, and fire tables.
Perform basic repairs to gate openers at various properties.
Ensure shop is well organized, with all tools stored clean and in their proper location.
Work with the Property Manager to assess major repairs, develop the best fiscal solution, and determine whether to repair or replace equipment.
Assist with lawn edging and mowing at all owners’ properties. Fertilize lawns and shrubs as required and practice weed control in flowerbeds and lawns as needed. Prune trees and shrubs to keep them healthy and attractive. Plant and tend to flowerbeds or other decorative vegetation. Assist with pest control for grounds. Maintain sprinkler system, including repair and adjustment as required.
Assist with grounds preparation and support of special events that take place at the residence; may include other special duties assigned by management and/or owners.
Assist with mowing golf course greens, tees, and fairways on a regular basis. Mow and maintain sand traps and bunkers.
Clear driveways, parking areas, and walkways on a daily basis. Remove dust, dirt, leaves, and snow to ensure safe conditions at all times.
Comply with all established personal protective equipment requirements. Exercise extreme caution and safety at all times, particularly in presence of children - all safety procedures must be followed.
Assist with washing, fueling, and detailing of vehicles.
Assist with servicing other areas of residences, including but not limited to: swimming pool and sports barn facility, outdoor spa, fire pits, and grilling area.
Assist with receiving and managing of deliveries; utilize a forklift as necessary.
Perform variety of facility custodial duties, such as window washing, cleaning eves/troughs, touch up painting, pressure washing, light fixtures, cobwebs, lawn furniture placement/maintenance, etc. Utilize an aerial lift as necessary.
Assist with holiday and special event requirements, i.e. Christmas lighting, etc.
- Exercise good judgment when maintenance problems occur. Report all maintenance/repair problems.
- Perform seasonal and other projects as required.
- High school diploma required. Degree or certification in mechanical maintenance, grounds maintenance, or related field a plus.
- 2 years equipment / mechanical maintenance experience required.
- 2 years landscaping or grounds maintenance preferred.
- Must possess a valid US Driver's license and Chauffeur License (or ability to attain Chauffeur license).
- Michigan Commercial Pesticide Applicator license, aerial lift and forklift licenses required.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding proper care and maintenance of equipment, lawn, trees, and shrubs.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, physical organization of work spaces, prioritization of tasks, and follow through in daily activities essential.
- Ability to maintain highly productive work output without immediate daily supervision.
- Warm and engaging personality, with the ability to interact effectively with all members of the household from adults to young children, as well as other staff members.
- Genuine enjoyment of working with and around children is critical to the success of this position, as well as focus on safe operations.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm, and graciousness in service.
- Must be a responsible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity, as well as self-motivated.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the homes and on properties of RDV Staffing clients. The right candidate must genuinely be committed to be part of a team whose shared goal is to provide exemplary service and to positively contribute to a healthy, active, and loving home environment.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; therefore, the highest level of confidentiality in the family’s business and personal matters must be exercised at all times.
Keywords: landscape, lawn maintenance, mechanical, repair, equipment, tree trimming, handyman, golf course maintenance, mowing, construction, team, outdoor, outside, fun, enjoyable, unique, service