|Title:||OAPC Senior Investment Accountant|
|Job Type:||Full-time/exempt (salaried)|
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital, LLC (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. OAPC manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, offering investors a single access point to top-tier middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies.
The Senior Investment Accountant will operate in a cross-functional team environment interacting with OAPC’s Accounting and Investment Groups and service providers by assisting with third-party capital accounting transactions, reviewing various types of investor reporting, assisting in maintaining and developing cash flow projections and analyses, supporting investor inquires, and performing various other accounting/finance responsibilities. This full-time salaried position reports to the Investment Accounting and Reporting Manager. The position is targeted at candidates with their CPA designation and 4-5 years work experience in finance or accounting.
Culture and Work Environment
The Investment Accounting and Reporting team at OAPC has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where you can challenge yourself every day and grow your own role, take a moment to make a connection with us.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an expertise in the Company’s portfolio management and integrated reporting systems to ensure integrity of transactions and data in a multi-layered ownership environment
- Serve as a contact for third-party administrator and RDV accounting personnel for inquiries on accounting transactions within private equity funds
- Work with the Investment Group on private equity investment valuations
- Review various quarterly performance reporting materials and marketing materials generated by the Investment Group. Create and maintain supporting documentation for review by the Accounting Manager
- Calculate and interpret performance metrics including Internal Rate of Return and Total Value to Paid-In Capital (IRRs and TVPI)
- Responsible for accuracy of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements for multiple private equity funds and provide support for the annual audit
- Prepare capital calls and distribution allocations to investors. Reconcile all activity to system records and track cumulative activity
- Work directly with Investor Relations Managing Director on obtaining necessary support for response to investor inquires and other questions relating to accounting data
- Assist with monitoring investment and entity level cash flows for real-time analysis and building cash flow projections
- Prepare quarterly debt compliance reporting and support yearly external audit
- Collaborate with internal IT Department, Accounting Manager, and Investment Group to develop and implement new technology and reporting tools
- Work to identify process efficiencies. Develop and document controls to support a robust internal controls framework
- Perform other miscellaneous projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance – CPA required
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting or finance experience required, with some public accounting experience
- Experience supporting a variety of client types, sizes, and complexities; experience in private equity or other asset management industries not required
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail and places emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Strong report writing, data manipulation, and Excel skills, including demonstrated experience with complex spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables, and V lookups
- Ability to identify, summarize, and articulate insights effectively
- Self-starter with ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and build relationships and communicate with various levels of personnel within a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor
- Uncompromising commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position and responsibilities