|Title:||Senior Investment Accountant|
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital, LLC (OAPC), an affiliate of the RDV Corporation, the family office of the Richard DeVos family, is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. OAPC manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, offering investors a single access point to top-tier middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies.
The Senior Investment Accountant will operate in a cross-functional team environment interacting with OAPC’s Accounting and Investment Groups and service providers by assisting with third-party capital accounting transactions, reviewing various types of investor reporting, assisting in maintaining and developing cash flow projections and analyses, supporting investor inquires, and performing various other accounting/finance responsibilities. This full-time salaried position reports to the Investment Accounting and Reporting Manager. The position is targeted at candidates with their CPA designation and 4-5 years work experience in finance or accounting.
Culture and Work Environment
The Investment Accounting and Reporting team at OAPC has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the industry creating a fresh model where you can challenge yourself every day and grow your own role, take a moment to make a connection with us.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an expertise in the Company’s portfolio management and integrated reporting systems to ensure integrity of transactions and data in a multi-layered ownership environment
- Serve as a contact for third-party administrator and RDV accounting personnel for inquiries on accounting transactions within private equity funds
- Work with the Investment Group on private equity investment valuations
- Review various quarterly performance reporting materials and marketing materials generated by the Investment Group. Create and maintain supporting documentation for review by the Accounting Manager
- Calculate and interpret performance metrics including Internal Rate of Return and Total Value to Paid-In Capital (IRRs and TVPI)
- Responsible for accuracy of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements for multiple private equity funds and provide support for the annual audit
- Prepare capital calls and distribution allocations to investors. Reconcile all activity to system records and track cumulative activity
- Work directly with Investor Relations Managing Director on obtaining necessary support for response to investor inquires and other questions relating to accounting data
- Assist with monitoring investment and entity level cash flows for real-time analysis and building cash flow projections
- Prepare quarterly debt compliance reporting and support yearly external audit
- Collaborate with internal IT Department, Accounting Manager, and Investment Group to develop and implement new technology and reporting tools
- Work to identify process efficiencies. Develop and document controls to support a robust internal controls framework
- Perform other miscellaneous projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance – CPA preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting or finance experience required, with some public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in private equity or other asset management industries preferred
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail and places emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Strong report writing, data manipulation, and Excel skills, including demonstrated experience with complex spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables, and V lookups
- Ability to identify, summarize, and articulate insights effectively
- Self-starter with ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and build relationships and communicate with various levels of personnel within a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor
- Uncompromising commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position and responsibilities
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: